NETWORK DISPLAY MULTI MONITOR SOFTWARE
- Windows Desktop Extension (x10-sion)
- Windows Desktop Duplication (mirroring/cloning)
- KVM (keyboard and mouse remoting) supported by Windows VIEWER
PRIMARY MACHINE & SECONDARY MACHINE
At least two machines are required: PRIMARY machine and SECONDARY machine. All machines must be connected to a LAN (Local Area Network). Network protocol TCP/IP needs to be supported. The connection can be over USB (e.g. tethering), via LAN-cable or wireless.
PRIMARY MACHINE (Windows PC, laptop and tablet): spacedesk DRIVER
The primary machine runs a Windows service and the WDDM driver. This appears as an additional graphics adapter to Windows 10 and an additional monitor connection of the existing graphics adapter on Windows 7 and 8.1. This additional virtual graphics adapter or display connector can mirror any other Windows display screen or extend the Windows Desktop. spacedesk software on Primary Machine is capturing the screen content, compressing it and transmitting it over the LAN (Local Area Network) to the spacedesk secondary machines.
- Windows 10 (WDDM IddCx Indirect Display Driver)
- Windows 8.1 (WDDM Filter Hook Display Driver)
SECONDARY MACHINE (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone and devices)
- Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Android (> version 4.1)
- iOS (> version 9.3)
- Any other: HTML5 Web browsers ( Chrome (> 16), Safari (> 5.1) Internet Explorer (> 10), Opera (> 27) )
LOCAL AREA NETWORK (LAN)
- TCP/IP v4
- TCP/IP v6 (future versions only)
- No encryption transmitting data between client and server. Therefore all information transmitted is potentially available to everybody in the network.
The spacedesk SDK (Software Development Kit) for Windows 10 enables easy and convenient development of solutions for virtual and physical displays.
– Virtual WDDM IddCx Indirect Display Driver (UMDF)
– Virtual HID Keyboard and Touchscreen Driver (UMDF)
– Virtual Mouse Driver (KMDF)
– Image encoding software for Windows
– Network protocol software for Windows, iOS and Android
– Image decoding and rendering software for Windows, iOS and Android
Best in Class Code — spacedesk SDK provides all the infrastructure needed to demonstrate a fully functional WDDM Indirect Display. Starting with this code, developers can add their specific customization (such as count monitors supported, resolutions supported, image processing and encoding, etc.) which differentiates the specific product and provides unique added value.
Easy to understand samples that can be used as a starting point to develop a complete product.
One-time License Fee – NO Royalties. In addition to the broad terms of licensure, spacedesk SDK is licensed for a one-time fee. Products incorporating it my be shipped to end users anywhere in the world without royalties.
The spacedesk Video Wall Software Engine enables convenient and inexpensive setup of display walls using a single PC running on regular Windows 10. Our product supports multicast of Windows desktop screen to up to an unlimeted number of remote display devices.
Basic User Interface for Do-It-Yourselfers, Hobbyists and Enthusiasts
SDK API FOR PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS CUSTOMERS
spacedesk Video Wall Software Engine (VWSE) allows Clients to incorporate low level video wall functionality into their products. It serves as a solid fundament for professional video wall software. Using our proven and tested video wall engine functionality frees customers up from having to worry about the countless complexities of building the low level part of their product, and lets them focus on their part of their product that adds value and that they know best. In other words, we do what we do best (Display Driver and System Software), and customers do what they do best (create the best product for their market requirements).
MAWi Spacewall utilizes spacedesk to turn any Android or Windows device into a powerful AV-over-IP gear for digital signage and video wall setups in a simple, cost-effective way.
The screens can be (i) set as individual displays for standard digital signage purposes, (ii) grouped to clone the same content, (iii) set up on a grid as standard video walls or (iv) set up as Creative video walls where screens of any size and scale are placed at any angle.
SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
These license terms are an agreement between datronicsoft and you. Please read them. They apply to the software you are downloading from spacedesk.net, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any datronicsoft
- Internet-based services,
- and support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE!
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
INSTALLATION AND USER RIGHTS
You may install and use any number of copies of the software on your devices.
SCOPE OF LICENSE
The software is licensed (Beta only licensed until it will expire on Aug. 31st. 2021), not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software for own use. datronicsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may NOT
- work around any technical limitations in the software;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
- distribute the software or publish the software for others to copy;
- rent, lease or lend the software;
- transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
- use the software for commercial software hosting services.
A separate Business License is available for:
- Large volumes
- Distributing the software
- Branding the software
- Integrating the software into the own product
For obtaining a Business License, please contact us through our support web page.
This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
Federal Republic of Germany.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The software is licensed “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it. datronicsoft gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, datronicsoft excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES
You can recover from datronicsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to U.S. $5.00.
You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages. This limitation applies to
- anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if datronicsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
PUBLIC SUPPORT FORUM!
Help, troubleshooting and discussions with answers and insider information directly from the spacedesk development and support team.
SPACEDESK DRIVER SOFTWARE for Windows PRIMARY PC (server)
Windows 10 version 1607 (Build 14393) and above
Current version: Beta III v0.9.70
splashtop wired XDisplay needs to be uninstalled (it still installs an incompatible old legacy WDDM Filter Hook driver which cannot coexist with other similar products like spacedesk even though it doesn’t even seem to use this old driver any more).
In case of problems, please update the Windows graphics driver to the most recent version using Windows update or manufacturer’s website (AMD, Nvidia or Intel)
spacedesk does not support Windows 7 any more (Windows 7 life cycle has expired). At your own risk spacedesk Windows 8.1 driver can still be installed on Windows 7.
SPACEDESK VIEWER SOFTWARE
for SECONDARY Machine (client)
on Local Area Network (LAN) and Wireless
Current Version for Windows: Beta III v0.9.28
Preview-version for Windows (Microsoft-Store): Beta v1.0.6
Current version for iOS: Beta v1.0.36
Current version for Android: Beta v0.9.63
Current version for Amazon: Beta v0.9.63
Current version for HTML5: v0.9.10
HTML5 app prerequisites
Please delete the cached files, images and cookies on web browser settings to load the latest HTML5 viewer page.
Requires latest version of web browser and operating system. Please update.
Mozilla Firefox currently unsupported due to performance limitations.
FUTURE RELEASE SCHEDULE
2021 Q3: spacedesk DRIVER 2.0.0 (free)
spacedesk DRIVER for Windows Primary Machine
2021 Q3: spacedesk VIEWER (free)
spacedesk VIEWER for tablet and mobile phones
- support for one display only
- touchpad / relative touch (no touchscreen / no absolute touch)
2021 Q3: spacedesk VIEWER Pro (commercial – In-App purchase)
spacedesk VIEWER Pro for tablet and mobile phones
- multiple displays
- touchscreen / touchpad (relative touch / absolute touch)
- automatic rotation
- wifi direct
- audio / sound
- user/password login security option
- hardware accelerated image encoding
- USB cable
November 09 2020: (current)
|spacedesk DRIVER Beta III v0.9.70|
|spacedesk VIEWER first Beta for iOS|
|spacedesk VIEWER first Beta for Android|
Apr 08 2014:
|spacedesk DRIVER Beta I v0.9.1|